Friday, November 28, 2008

Oops..."I blame the press for my misfortunes."

I saw this story on the Drudge and I think it speaks volumes. It is another example of people not taking responsibility for their actions. "'It’s ruined my life,' she said through tears today. 'Not just the incident but the press.'" reported the Des Moines Register. No, ma'am, you were the one having drunken sex with a stranger in the bathroom during a football game. Not any one else, not the Des Moines Register, not the AP. YOU, YOU were having a grand ol' time in the men's room of the Metrodome. Maybe you shouldn't have had 55 glasses of wine before the game. Oh, and to prove she was not that intoxicated, she gave the cops a false name after she was arrested. Her lawyer is advising her to fight the ticket. Are you serious? Woman, you were having sex in a handicap stall of a public restroom with dozens of people watching. Pay the fine and go home...because if you fight this, your name, God forbid, will be in the news again causing further "humiliation."

I have a feeling this is just the beginning of what we are going to be seeing over the next four years--blame someone else when you screw up.

No comments: